Meister Abrasives Corporation is an international manufacturer of high-precision industrial abrasive tools with divisions in Switzerland, Germany, USA, Italy, China, and Hong Kong. The US division was established in 1988 and produces CBN and diamond grinding wheels from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in North Kingstown RI.
Why join Meister Abrasives?
Meister Abrasives USA offers a clean, safe, and modern work environment with great benefits and a competitive salary. We provide a challenging job in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere.
(Watch this video to get a sneak peek inside! YouTube)
Looking for a new challenge?
As a member of a dynamic sales team, the sales/applications engineer promotes and sells the company’s products and continuously seeks out new customers and opportunities for growth. The sales/applications engineer also uses their in-depth abrasive machining expertise to provide direct applications support to customers both remotely and in-person.
Sales/Applications Engineer – East Coast
Duties and Responsibilities of the Job
- To actively promote and sell the products of the company in the East Coast USA territory.
- To provide virtual and on-site technical applications support to customers in the territory.
- To travel as necessary to cover the responsibilities effectively. (Expectation is approximately 50%)
- To assist in the specification and design of new products for new customer applications.
- To develop and support an agency/distribution network within the territory as required.
- To make presentations to customers, agents, and distributors as needed.
- To continuously seek out new customers, markets, and opportunities for growth.
- To monitor trends, advancements, and competitor activities within the territory.
- To maintain a detailed reporting and record keeping system to ensure that international communications standards are maintained at the highest level.
- Degree in Engineering.
- Applications experience with abrasive and superabrasive products.
- Working knowledge of engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Familiarity with machine tool technology, particularly grinding machines.
- Sales experience within the abrasives, cutting tool, or related industries.
- Experience with managing agencies and distributors.
- Comfortable with business travel away from home / out-of-state.
- Excellent face-to-face communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills (Windows/Office, CAD, etc).
- Strong reporting and record-keeping skills.
- Self-starting and self-motivated
Benefits Package at a Glance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC plans
- 401K Retirement plan
- (12) paid holidays
- Paid Vacation / Personal Time (PTO)
Do you recognize yourself in the description? Then we would definitely like to get to know you and ask you to send us your complete application dossier electronically to: