Meister Abrasives Corporation is an international manufacturer of high-precision industrial abrasive
tools, with Headquarter located in Switzerland and divisions in Germany, USA, Italy, China, and Hong Kong. The US division was established in 1988 and produces CBN and diamond grinding wheels from its state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in North Kingstown RI. We are hiring a
Machining Process Leader
(Location: Meister Abrasives USA, North Kingstown, RI USA)
As a member of a highly skilled production team, the Machining Process Leader uses their in-depth
machining expertise and experience to produce high-quality abrasive tools, and to train, guide, and support others to ensure their success, and to guarantee that production targets and quality standards are achieved in accordance with customer requirements.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Plan machining tasks by studying the work order requirements and drawings.
- Setup and run a variety of manual, NC, and CNC machines including grinding machines, hydraulic presses, lathes, and drills to complete the required tasks, while adhering to all safety procedures and regulations.
- Use precision measuring instruments to inspect the completed parts against the design specification/drawing.
- Perform regular cleaning and preventative maintenance of assigned machinery and equipment.
Process Leader Responsibilities – team support
- Training, guidance, and support of the other production team members in the machining department.
- Setup of manual, NC, and CNC machines.
- Solve complex machining challenges and assist with new process development and machining techniques.
- Manufacture special tools or fixtures as needed to support production.
- Assist with new machine installations.
- Education: 2-year degree in Engineering Technology, Manufacturing, or related discipline.
- Experience: 5-10 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with all-around machining techniques (turning, milling, grinding, etc).
- Proficiency with CNC programming.
- Proficiency with precision measuring tools and instruments.
- 20/20 vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Cleanliness and attention to detail while handling, assembling, and machining precision parts.
Benefits Package at a Glance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- AFLAC plans
- 401K Retirement plan
- (12) paid holidays
- Paid Vacation / Personal Time (PTO)
Why join Meister Abrasives?
Meister Abrasives USA offers a clean, safe, and modern work environment with great benefits and a competitive salary. We provide a challenging job in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere.
(Watch this video to get a sneak peek inside! https://youtu.be/zUBiZsTX3Eg)